What We Do
Sharing learning, experiences and energies is what it is all about. We support groups and organisations across a range of inter-linked areas of business planning and income generation to build their capacity.
We offer a comprehensive package of support including:
- Helping organise stakeholder consultations to better understand needs and conducting a wider needs analysis
- Carrying out an evaluation to assess the impact of current work, including organisational strength reviews
- Supporting Lead Officer/Trustees to develop new business plans and strategies
- Creating marketing materials which highlight organisational effectiveness and achievement of its social mission
- Developing a new income generation strategy
- Developing and writing funding applications
- Equipping organisations with sustainable skills in all of the above areas
- Providing support beyond our initial involvement to help organisations sustain their progress.
Recently, our work has been focused on working in areas we know well, are passionate about and where we have a strong track record, in the east of England and London. But we are now working right across the country.
Our Success Stories – some numbers & highlights
Almost a decade ago in response to the Coalition Government’s austerity agenda and the then PM’s social policy focus on ‘Big Society’ we founded the company to develop capacity building, evaluation and income generation consultancy support services for struggling and financially fragile voluntary sector organisations. Clients have included:
- Cambridgeshire ACRE (securing them a £1m Heritage Lottery grant)
- Harrow Council (setting up new support services for voluntary sector)
- Peterborough CVS (establishing new 18 member Partnership organisation to manage EU funding programmes)
- HLF-funded Breaking New Ground (legacy development consultations & report), leading to further HLF investment
- Ipswich & Suffolk Council for Racial Equality (evaluating work & securing two 3 year funding tranches from Big Lottery)
- Greater Cambridge Greater Peterborough LEP (providing outreach into voluntary sector & initiating new £1m LEP Prize Challenge)
- Harrow Women’s Centre (producing evaluation report & getting £204k Lottery grant)
- New Anglia LEP (report into the state of the voluntary sector in Norfolk & Suffolk)
- Blackpool Queens Park Residents (evaluation, community consultations and £498k of funding)
- Peterborough Asylum & Refugee Community Association (capacity building, a £175k Big Lottery grant and several evaluation reports)
- Barking & Dagenham Somali Women’s Association (community cohesion capacity building, evaluation work & significant £175k Big Lottery grant plus Children in Need and Home Office funding support)
- We have managed several projects – Stronger Together & Portuguese Roots
- We have donated 305 days of our time over six years.
- We advised and set up 19 new Community Interest Companies
- We trained 26 people to become Big Society – ‘Fiery Spirits’- community activists.
Over several years, as part of the CIC’s ‘pro bono’ programme, the organisation has undertaken significant capacity building assignments with groups like Portuguese Community in Action (East), East Timorese Community Association and the Polish, Latvian and Sudanese communities in Thetford and Peterborough respectively. In all cases developing close partnership and co-production working relationships.
Our Branding Work
Click on the panel below to find examples of recent branding and design we’ve undertaken for VCSE organisations.