What We Do
With our managerial and consultancy experience we know ‘what works’ for VCSE organisations and we want to share this learning at this critical time. We know they require support across a range of inter-linked areas of business planning and income generation to build their capacity.
We offer a comprehensive package support to organisations including:
- Helping organise stakeholder consultation to better understand needs and conducting a wider needs analysis
- Carrying out an evaluation to assess the impact of current work
- Supporting Lead Officer/Trustees to develop a new business plan
- Creating marketing materials which highlight organisational effectiveness and achievement of its social mission
- Developing a new income generation strategy
- Developing and writing funding applications
- Equipping organisations with sustainable skills in all of the above areas
- Providing support beyond our initial involvement to help organisations sustain their progress.
We also support disadvantaged individuals, especially people from diverse communities, through providing expert training and mentoring so that they become community activists who make positive change happen in their communities.
Recently, our work has been focused on working in areas we know well, are passionate about and where we have a strong track record. But we are now working right across the country.
Our Branding Work
Click on the panel below to find examples of recent branding and design we’ve undertaken for VCSE organisations.
Our Success Stories – Some Numbers and Highlights
£2.3m raised including £204,000 from the Big Lottery Fund which saved Harrow Women’s Centre from closure.
Almost £500,000 to develop and extend community development work in Blackpool, and an evaluation designed to help further income generation activities; and £170,000 for new support services for refugees & migrants in Peterborough.
226 days of pro bono – FREE – consultancy (c.50 days/annum) to struggling VCSE organisations at a market value of £96,772. This helped VSCE groups generate income to survive and provided them with sustainable skills they will need to hopefully thrive.
Between 2012 -2013, as part of our pilot building capacity project supporting four charities in Cambridge and Suffolk we generated £314, 799 of new income, especially significant for a Race Equality Council.
We raised £90,000 from local funders to rejuvenate a decaying Victorian School in a small village – Stretham – in East Cambridgeshire.
We helped devise Cambridgeshire ACRE’s fundraising strategy and worked with them to secure £1 million from the Heritage Lottery Fund
We organised five meetings and events involving Government and Shadow ministers
We advised and set up 12 new Community Interest Companies
We co-produced a £1m LEP Prize Challenge
We trained 26 people to become Big Society community activists – ‘Fiery Spirits’